LASER SKIN RESURFACING
In laser skin resurfacing, a laser is used to remove areas of damaged or wrinkled skin. The procedure is most commonly used to minimize the appearance of fine lines, especially around the mouth and the eyes. However, it is also effective in treating facial scars or areas of uneven pigmentation. Laser resurfacing may be performed on the whole face or in specific regions. Often, the procedure is done in conjunction with another cosmetic operation, such as a facelift or eyelid surgery.
Gallaher Plastic Surgery & Spa MD has four skin resurfacing lasers:
- Clear & Brilliant
- Fraxel Dual
- Fraxel Repair
Who is a Laser Skin Resurfacing Candidate?
You may be a good candidate for laser resurfacing if you have any of the following conditions:
- Fine lines, especially around the eyes
- Vertical lines around the mouth
- Facial scars caused by injury or accident
- Scars caused by acne
- Areas of uneven pigmentation, such as “age spots”
- Lines on the cheeks caused by sun damage
You may wish to discuss other resurfacing options if any of the following applies to you:
- You have skin that is dark, brown or black
- You have taken Accutane® during the past 18 months
- You are prone to abnormal scarring
- You have an active skin infection
What Results Can I Expect?
If you’re like most patients, you will notice a significant improvement in the tone and texture of your skin. Smoother, tighter and younger-looking skin will appear as you heal, and imperfections will be less noticeable.