Summer is almost here – and that means it’s time to whip your springtime sun safety habits back into shape!
As the warmer weather approaches, it might be tempting to enjoy a few afternoons of sunshine without paying attention to your skin. Don’t be fooled – just a few hours of exposure to UV rays without SPF protection can be enough to promote hyperpigmentation, darken existing scars, and increase your odds for damaging skin diseases.
Here at Gallaher Plastic Surgery & Spa MD in Powell, Tennessee, board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Tom Gallaher and his team of licensed aestheticians have some recommendations for patients who are interested in top-notch sun protection that also promotes fantastic skin care. The following are our recommendations for springtime sun safety:
- Obagi Sunscreen: By now, you may know that Obagi is one of the best skincare lines offered by medical spas and plastic surgeons. Their sunscreen continues this trend of excellence by offering superior SPF protection with the kinds of ingredients that encourage better skin. Obagi sunscreens are designed with a variety of cosmetic concerns in mind, including acne, aging, hyperpigmentation, and more.
- SkinMedica Sunscreen: SkinMedica sunscreen offers superior protection against UV rays and other environmental pollutants. With SPF 50+ sunscreen, you can be sure your skin will be protected from all of the elements, including free radicals and pollutants.
- EltaMD Sunscreen: If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, EltaMD sunscreen could be perfect for your needs. This high SPF sunscreen is designed by dermatologists for people with sensitive, acne-prone skin.
- NeoCutis Sunscreen: This Journey Bio-Restorative sunscreen is designed to protect your skin from the elements, while encouraging cellular turnover for younger, glowing skin. The SPF 30 sunscreen also acts as a moisturizer, making this a perfect option for people with busy schedules.
- Glo Minerals Makeup with SPF: Need a little more coverage with your sunscreen? Try Glo Minerals Makeup with SPF – it’s a fabulous mineral foundation that offers exceptional coverage and superior sun protection.
Make sure your skin is ready for the warmer months. Schedule a skincare consultation with a licensed aesthetician at Gallaher Plastic Surgery & Spa MD in Powell, Tennessee and Knoxville, Tennessee.
Gallaher Plastic Surgery & Spa MD also serves the greater Knoxville and East Tennessee areas. Call (865) 671-3888 to learn more today!